Garlic Honey Butter Soft Pretzels
Baking Soda Solution:
1/3 cup baking soda
5 cups water
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk or soured milk
2 tablespoons liquid honey
1 egg, beaten
Garlic Honey Butter:
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon liquid honey
1. In a large pot place water and baking soda. Bring mixture to a boil then turn off the heat and remove pot from the element. Set aside while preparing pretzels. Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease or line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour and baking soda. In another bowl whisk together milk and honey, add to dry ingredients stirring with a fork until dough forms.
3. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and divide into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 12” long rope. Form pretzel shape making sure to pinch the ends to seal them.
4. One at a time, place pretzel onto a slotted spoon then place into baking soda solution for a couple seconds on each side. Transfer pretzels onto baking sheet then brush with beaten egg. Bake pretzels for 10 minutes until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped on the bottom.
5. For garlic honey butter, combined ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 20-30 seconds until butter and honey have melted. Brush over warm pretzels then serve & enjoy!
Makes 6. Happy National Pretzel Day!Posted 1 year ago with 30 notes