Oatmeal Muffins with Apple Filling
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup instant oatmeal (3 packs)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup apple pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 425℉. Grease or line muffin pan.
2. In a small bowl combine milk and oats and let soak 15 minutes. Stir in egg and apple sauce.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, sugar, powder, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cups, leaving enough batter (about 12 tablespoons) to cover filling. Add 1 teaspoon filling and top with 1 tablespoon batter.
5. Bake 16-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely for best results.
Makes 12 and only 150 calories each!Posted 3 years ago with 14 notes